The Tool shop at POLDI Works was founded in 1903, with the primary intent of making tools for the needs of the metallurgical plant only. Production of semi-forged knives and blades of high speed steel for external customers began shortly before the First World War.
Today we use semi-finished products, from renowned European suppliers for the production of a wide range of tools, from conventional high speed steel grades.
Our manufacturing program includes tools for working material e.g. round, straight and cutting knives, dispensing glass and knives for cutting scrap metal.
There is also a long tradition in the production of dies, peaks, chisels, drill rods and special tools and components specific to customer’s drawings and needs.
Most of the products are heat treated in our own hardening shop.